Monday 10 November 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons.....What do you do?



Hey Folks! Hope you all had a great weekend.

As I mentioned a while back, done with my NYSC so the next stage is a REAL job. I studied geology at university so would like to pursue a career in the oil & gas industry. This industry I have found is the HARDEST to get into. Not sure if this is the norm in Lagos alone but yeah that's what I think. My career 'dream' is to be a world traveling geologist while I am still young and agile. Basically I have a list of what I would like my dream job to entail but as I am not self employed, had to be realistic! Had to narrow down my list but ONE DAY!

So I have done & currently doing a series of tests and interviews. I have found that I would rather do a test than an interview. Yes I am weird like that. I just love working with numbers and solving problems. They are more predictable than interviews.....I am sure you are thinking I should explore opportunities in the finance sector but yeah that is my back up plan. Going to sidetrack abit and complain about the application and recruitment process. Why does it have to take so long? Why do I have to get feedback in 3 weeks and have 5 interviews? Just tell me there &then.... Also do companies not realize the stress and pressure they are causing applicants??? The sleepless nights, the fear of not knowing what is coming etc....


To keep busy & sane while in the midst of said tests and interviews, I have been reading up on some great entrepreneurs. I have discovered some pretty amazing and inspiring ones. So I have decided to start a "side hustle' which involves some of the things I like & enjoy. Doing research about my new baby has been quite exciting and I know it will turn out great God willing. Watch this space :)

As God would have it at my church yesterday (The Elevation Church), the pastor announced that this is Enterprise Development Month. He is going to do a series on Problems, Opportunities and Solutions using scriptures. Guest speakers ( entrepreneurs) are coming to the church as well. I am really looking forward to this.

This is definitely a SIGN. Have a great week xxxx


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please could you say the great entrepreneurs you read about? I'm interested in reading about them too

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the comment! I read new ones everyday so I can't keep up with their names. The websites are howwemadeitinafrica.com and forbesafrica.com. Great articles on these websites. Also, I listen to 97.3 on saturday mornings, they do interviews with successful entrepreneurs