Wednesday 24 December 2014

Dubai

Hey folks! Apologies for the silence. I went on a last minute trip which I shall be blogging about today.

Sadly I forgot my camera so we have to manage the iphone pictures. I travelled to dubai for a few days and it was the best way to end the year 2014 which I have had a love/ hate relationship with. First time I went to dubai was about 5 years ago and I definitely did not appreciate it as I do now. As I have said to a few friends 'what is london?'

*Pictures overload alert*




 On my first night, headed down to the Al Ghurair mall for dinner. We decided to have thai food at the Lemongrass restaurant. After Italian, Thai is a close second for me. Ordered the Pad Thai rice and a lemon drink. I know you are thinking I am coming from Nigeria -the land of rice but still decide to eat rice on holiday. I just could not resist but definitely no more rice after this. The food was great (no surprise here) and I loved my lemon drink.



Sign at the mall



Buki got this beautiful shot of their national flag. Yes those are inverted umbrellas, how cool is that?


                                                       What to have? What to have?



The story of Cinnabon! We discovered cinnabon on the mall guide and had to find it. Going to sidetrack abit- I thought nigerians were the worst at giving directions but was I wrong! Finally found cinnabon after various attempts. 




 Took these shots in the cab. Some cab drivers out there believe they are formula 1 racers. I am convinced! So many beautiful buildings but could not get good pictures unfortunately.

Next stop was the Dubai mall. When they say this is the world's largest shopping mall, best believe they are not lying. This mall is a nice mix of great restaurants and shops in London and America. Also had a massive aquarium, zoo and an ice skating rink. It was really beautiful.


 The aquarium. You need a ticket to get close to the aquarium. We found out how much tickets go for but as we do not love fish THAT much, moved on to the restaurants and shops.

With the mall guide in hand, set out to find my favourite shops. For those who know me well enough, of course Zara was my first stop. I could not stop smiling. The joy!




Outdoor and indoor fountains

                                                   My travelling companions <3



Fresh faced and worry free. The life!



Lunch at shake shack! We had the full works, burger+ fries+ milkshake. Unfortunately no oreo milkshakes but the vanilla was good enough. It was a wrap after this.


Daddy getting into his Ferrari so we can leave, hahaa.


Back to lagos struggle now. I had such an amazing trip and looking forward to the next one. Christmas day tomorrow! So excited and so many things to be thankful for. Merry christmas in advance!

Stole this from my aunty- I say a prayer for all those for whom earth has become a blanket. And for those of us for whom earth remains carpet, I pray that long may we roam a top it with peace, love and laughter xxxx






























2 comments:

Tuke Morgan said...

Mehn, Bumz, you deffs had fun in Dubai!
The inverted Umbrella thing is so cool, I've never been to shake shack before but it looks good.
Oshey, I'm sure you don shop tire, new wardrobe and tinz, hehe

http://www.tukesquest.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yes girll, need to go back asap!
It looked so cool. That was my first time and I was not disappointed. LOL :D