Saturday 13 December 2014

Lagos woes

This is a sad post. On my way to muson centre for Band Aid 2, a hit and run happened near me on the Lekki-Epe expressway.

As soon as it happened, passers-by moved the victim's body off the road. I got a glimpse of the body and it was so bad.

His body was moved to the side of the road. I can understand why some people would not want to help. Nigeria being Nigeria, a good deed can turn into a jail sentence. I have heard so many stories where people try to help people but hospital staff immediately assume it was the good doer that hit the victim. Also, who will pay for the medical bills? people are not that nice out here.

Ideally there should be free hospitals for accident victims etc/ clinics that offer free treatment. The Nigeria of my dreams will have that.

To the guy that was hit, I hope you made it. But if you did not, may your soul rest in peace. To the perpetrator, God help you.

No comments: