Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year's Eve

Hey folks! Trust you are all great

Been quite occupied with events, visits etc. I went for a christmas party a few days ago and guess who the surprise performer was??? BURNAA BOYYY!! When he was about to come on stage, he started talking through the microphone but we could not see him and he just appeared from nowhere. I thought I was going to pass out from extreme happiness. He was amazing and I loved his performance. I think he is such a great artist but not so sure about his personality. But hey you can not have it all! Shout out to Ore for this <3.

But that's not what this post is about. Today is reflection day. Going to go through some of my not-so-personal 2014 resolutions

1) Eat & drink right: This just had to be here, sweet tooth and all that jazz. I had to change up my  lifestyle. Happy to say I drink 4-5 cups of water a day now. I know it should be 8 ideally but hey rome was not built in a day! Also reduced my rice intake and this was not easy as I am in the land of rice, carbs in general.

2) Be fit: Funny how this became a major goal after I left uni. As I studied geology, I had a lot of field trips and they were tough. I can not remember how many mountains I climbed, did not sign up for that tbh but it had to be done. I discovered how unfit I was during these trips. Almost passed out on a mountain in France but that's a story for another day. Finally got my act together a few months ago. Not a gym addict yet but getting there.

3) Up to date with current affairs: I went for a interview a while back and I was asked some questions which I am too embarrassed to share and I was completely clueless. Had to make stuff up on the spot. Is it just me that gets a headache from reading nigerian newspapers especially thisday? There is just too much going on on all the pages. I'd rather read news online. Stories are mind blowing sometimes but have to be aware.

4) Lady like dressing: When I turned 21   22 this summer ( I am always stuck on past ages), I had to chuck out a few clothes. Tbh been chucking out before I moved back. I said goodbye to my plunge clothes. About the conservative look now but still wear my backless.

5) Self love: I decided that if there was something I did not like and it could be changed, it was time to work on it. No more wallowing in self pity.

That's all I will share right now.

I am thankful for life and good health
I am thankful for the lives of my family, friends and their families
I am thankful for the lost loved ones as I know they are resting, stress free and pain free
I am thankful for rejections and disappointments of this year as I know something bigger and better is coming
I am hopeful for what is coming as God said " For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end' (Jeremiah 29:11)

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE, BRING ON 2015 XXX

No comments: