Tuesday 7 October 2014

One of my Guilty Pleasures

Hey everyone! Hope you have all had a good long weekend (my fellow nigerians ). I'm so stuffed with sallah meat, definitely going to NOT eat meat for a few weeks.

A few weeks ago, I was frustrated and decided to make apple crumble ( this is one of my guilty pleasures). I have searched for a decent apple crumble around Lagos and found NONE! ( Feel free to correct me if you have found one). Nowhere does it quite like Uncle Luis ( my aunty's cook),his apple crumble is 10/10. I'm almost there :). Ice cream factory was pretty decent a few years ago but I do not know who decided to be "creative". Their apple crumble is now filled with oatmeal which defeats the whole purpose IMO.

The initial plan was apple but I did not have enough apples. So I decided to add pineapples to the mix, as I love pineapples. Crumble is the only dessert I enjoy baking as it is really not that hard. You can also "wing it". My recipe is pretty basic and is similar to bbc's APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE.

I managed to get a not so great picture.We had it with Blue Bunny's cookie dough ice cream. It was a good night.
This was after it had been devoured lol. I guess it was a HIT :) xxxx

No comments: