Sunday 19 October 2014

Wait

Daley - Those Who Wait

This is one of my favourite songs. I listen to it when I need to smile and reflect.


My favourite part of the song is the chorus:
Take your time
So I’m waiting,
Cause I know I’m gonna be
Next in line
To claim my prize, and be all that I wanna be
I work so hard to earn my place
And good things come to those who wait


Even though he makes it sound so easy, it is so difficult. There have been situations where most of us have felt discouraged and thought why me God? Why do bad things happen to good people?

Sometimes I wish I could see into the future, to know how things will pan out or just a sign that things will turn out okay.

But Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith The Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you an expected end".

Matthew 6:25-27 "  Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life"

Also the story of Job, he said " All the days of my hard service I will wait till my change comes". By the Grace of God he survived and ended up with twice as much as he had lost.

God wouldn't give up on you so do not give up on him. Do not be anxious and impatient. Continue to walk by faith and not by sight, knowing that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we are able to ask or think... ( Ephesians 3:20)

Hope this has encouraged someone. Have a blessed week xxxx

No comments: