Friday 31 October 2014

LFDW

Hey folks!

Had a crappy CRAPPY CRAP week (putting it mildly). I was struck by malaria on Monday night. Funny how you can go from feeling 100% to feeling like crap in a few hours. I went for a friend’s surprise gathering earlier in the day and I was completely normal. Been bed ridden all week.

Hate being ill because that means hospitals and pills. So daunting.  Also, I can not swallow pills. Tried so many times but it just isn't working. I got it from my mum who could not swallow till she was quite old.  I am ‘one of those’ that would gladly be injected than prescribed drugs(usually the opposite with most people).

When I was younger,  my pills were mixed solids such as Eba. Imagine eating Eba with paracetamol in it. Yuck! Now I am forced to down my pills dissolved in water. I am not the best sick patient.

I interviewed to work as an intern at the LFDW a few weeks ago. Some applicants went ALL out dressing wise, I was itching to take pictures. Had the interview and lost interest afterwards. The benefits of the role are a chance to network & work with Nigerian designers with a supply of free food and drinks while working. Interns had to be available from the 29th of October- 1st of November from 12pm-10pm. 10pm is a myth because the show is supposed to start at 5pm but trust Nigerians & their ‘punctuality’. The show was on till about 12pm when I went last year. So the role was not what I expected it to be and I felt the other applicants that are actually looking to join the fashion industry deserved it more. Luckily, I did not get the job. 

I have been watching the shows via instagram and the LFDW website – LFDW website. I am going to be honest, not so impressed with some designers that have showcased their collection. I have not been WOWED. I will share some of my favourite looks on Sunday.


Happy Halloween! What are you dressing up as? xxx

No comments: