Friday 10 October 2014

Restaurant Review

Hey folks! It's the weekend *dancing*

Yesterday I had another NYSC event at unilag! All their wahala is coming to an end next week ( I can not scream loud enough)! It has been a tough year, so happy it is over soon. Although from next week, i'm not a baby girl no more sigh....

I went to unilag with Tukesquest ( no her name is detuke), her blog is Tukesquest. Getting to unilag was an experience but we MADE IT. On our way back we decided to treat ourselves because it was a hectic day. I had not eaten breakfast/lunch and we got to VI at 4:30 ish so you can imagine how hungry I was. We decided to go to La veranda at the Blowfish hotel. I was excited to introduce detuke to my spot!


I discovered this restaurant last christmas when I was planning a TA girls reunion. Most of us love Italian so the search began. I was really impressed with the restaurant's reviews and pictures. We had dinner there and they won me over. That's how it became my spot :)

La veranda is by the pool inside the hotel so as we were walking towards the restaurant, we were stopped. I was wondering what the problem was. One of the workers informed us that the restaurant was closed from 4-6pm as they were on a break. So we had to wait for an hour and 30 mins....my heart was breaking and my tummy protested lol. I was sure I would have passed out from hunger by 6pm. I was also thinking WHATTT?? So no pasta for bumz today???

Reluctantly, we had to settle for the restaurant in the hotel. Detuke has done a great review of everything so please check it out here- restaurant review- blowfish hotel.



 I ordered the singapore noodles (with prawns) and a drink called Cinderella. When I eat out, I try not to get a rice dish. The portion was massive.
                             
These pictures are the best pictures on my blog so far! Shout out to tuke! Food was alright, asked for it to be really spicy but it was not. Noodles tasted like indomie so yahh.... not amazing but it was edible. They were very generous with their prawns which was very impressive.

There were 2 men sat next to us and they could not stop staring. You would think we were celebrities sigh. Also, the way some nigerian men stare, you have to take a second look at yourself to ensure you have clothes on! So irritating! As expected, one of them came over to talk to us and interrupted our gisting session. Detuke went mute and buki had a 'keep it moving' facial expression. Unfortunately he was oblivious, typical! So i decided to humor him and got him to move on in a 'polite' manner. It was tough but I think i tried...

Overall it was a good catching up session and now I know la veranda is closed between 4-6pm!

Have a good weekend xxxx



3 comments:

Ibibiofame said...

Must be a lot of fun hanging out with another blogger. You guys really having fun tho with youth service. It was the worst monthsof my entire life. Up there with boarding house as a junior student.

Tuke Morgan said...

LOL, We were friends before we were bloggers o, since JS1, over 10 years ago. Ahhhh, we're old!!

Unknown said...

Lol yes what detuke said. My nysc year was horrible as well.